Employees must be able to perform duties listed in a timely manner with quality results following all TOSHA safety guidelines and regulations. To weld/fit up ASME code/non-code pressure vessels.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (other duties may be assigned)
- Any or all “General Laborer” duties as required, reading, interpreting basic weld symbols, welding procedures, set up and operation of welding equipment.
- Reading and comprehending blueprints.
- Must be able to read a tape measure to 32nd of an inch, add/subtract fractions, size and layout a shell, identifies all welds made.
- Must be certified and qualified in the followings WPS’s 07,03,05
- Must be familiar with and/or capable of learning “ASME” code requirements and “National Board” regulations.
- General cleanliness of work area
- Must be willing to work overtime and adjusted schedules
Must pass all required welding tests, ability to read and comprehend blueprints and weld symbols.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year certificate from college or technical school or a minimum of one year related experience, or 6 months with the department.
- 3 + years of MIG welding
- 3 + years of Uphill welding
- 3 + years of flexcore welding
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Attendance – Regular attendance is critical and required for this position.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time effectively.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, reach, lift, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear, and be able to tolerate repetitive motion during the full course of a scheduled shift.
- Employee must be able to lift and/or move more than fifty (50) pounds.
- Able to physically multitask.
- Employee regularly works in a typical warehouse environment, including near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually < 75 Db.
- When in the fabrication areas, employee must be able to utilize the personal protective equipment (PPE), (i.e. Steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, protective gloves, respirator, (as needed).
- Heat and cold environment with some outdoor work.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer