STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT HEAD
Structural Engineering Department Head needed for an Engineering firm located in Chattanooga, TN. Salary will depend on experience, education, and license. Excellent benefits package and work environment included. Minimum 12-20 years of experience with Structural Engineering and a Professional Engineer (PE) license is required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Analysis and design of buildings and similar structures
- Thorough knowledge of current building codes and standards, including IBC and ASCE 7
- Perform and document structural calculations for all applied loading, including gravity and lateral loads
- Design of steel, concrete, masonry, and wood structures
- Coordination with architects and other engineering disciplines to develop complete design drawings
- Site visits for measuring and documenting existing buildings and structures for further analysis and drawing production
- Development of structural drawings and technical specifications
- Site visits during construction to review progress of construction
- Good written and verbal skills for report preparation and client interaction
Educational Requirements: Bachelor Science in Civil/Structural Engineering. Professional Engineer (PE) license is required or the ability to have one before 1st day. Must be familiar with RAM structural design software, including RAM Structural System, RAM Elements, RAM Concept, as well as Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD 2014 or newer, and Microsoft Word and Excel.
Experience Required: Minimum of 12-20 years of similar experience in STRUCTURAL engineering. And a Professional Engineer (PE) license is required.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer