Software Director & Architect
TM CMF is a high-tech, medical device company dedicated to creating, innovating, and developing software and hardware technology solutions for plastic, orthopedic, and neurosurgeons to help improve surgical planning and patient outcomes. Determined to shape the future of healthcare, TM CMF’s intuitive, surgeon-driven digital application unites patient-focused healthcare and artificial intelligence to deliver customized 3D printed implants and trauma plates to global surgeons and patients. Join the team and break new ground with us.
Our Headquarters. Knoxville, Tennessee is a rapidly growing city featuring a sophisticated culture and unique mountain charm. Home to several parks and greenways within the city limits and only a short drive from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, there’s no shortage of trails to explore. In the heart of the city, you can enjoy live music in Market Square or indulge in a collection of microbreweries and local eateries throughout the Old City — a revitalized historic neighborhood featuring trendy local businesses and makers. With no state income tax and a low cost of living in a cultured city, there's something for everyone to love in Knoxville. Out of 125 US cities, Knoxville was ranked #46 “Best Places to Live in the USA” by U.S. News & World Report.
The position of Software Director and Lead Architect will manage a highly qualified global software engineering team to deliver quality medical software. They will be responsible for the architectural design and engineering capabilities for software development in TM CMF. They must value simplicity and are not afraid to challenge technical constraints and procedures to achieve agile design. The SW Director and Lead Architect will lead teams to create modular & scalable solutions that adhere to best-in-class solution architectures. They will drive the teams engineering practices in test driven development, continuous integration, and automated deployment. They will actively be involved in solving complex issues and technical challenges with teams.
- Designs the overall technological architecture of cloud enabled C++ applications in addition to enterprise level application and web portals.
- Driving the development of TM CMF applications.
- Guides project teams on technology strategy.
- Directs brainstorming sessions and contributes innovative and original ideas to our technology, algorithms and overall product.
- Identifies, develops, mentors and coaches engineering teams.
- Works hands on with teams designing and ensuring “best in class” delivery
- Engages in coding to help the team to develop their solution and solve technical problems.
- Works with Software Product Manager to align roadmaps with technical and architectural vision.
- Constantly looking for better ways of solving technical problems and designing solutions, not afraid of challenging the status quo.
- Provides teams a roadmap developing medical software using software development life cycle.
- Direct activities of software engineering team to ensure optimum performance of the team.
- Responsible for personnel management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance reviews.
- Develops both short and long range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
- Works with technical advisory board and principal engineers to drive innovation in and creates technology map of the software product.
- Works with project manager to plan software release and ensure on-time delivery of release.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related field.
· 10+ years of technical experience
· Minimum of 6 years of leadership experience.
- Cross Team (multiple teams) and Cross Product (multiple products) experience required.
- Seasoned architect with knowledge of enterprise level, desktop, cloud architecture and web-based applications.
- Highly skilled developer and technical lead with deep insight into newest technologies and trends.
- Experience in Agile Development, quality-controlled development, medical device development preferred.
- Experience working with multinational and multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience managing technical priorities within the backlog.
- High level of personal and coaching skills to unleash the team’s maximum potential.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), with the ability to align the organization on complex technical decisions.
- Proven leadership and negotiation skills.
- Ability to interact appropriately with all levels of employees, while at the same time supporting the efforts of departmental teams.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer