Sr. Payroll Processor – Remote
Responsible with the team to ensure all aspects of payroll are completed accurately and timely per the roles and responsibilities outlined below.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for execution of payroll process and non-processing tasks to run biweekly/semi-monthly payroll cycles within Workforce application.
- Research and resolve payroll errors prior to funding including but not limited to schedule changes, taxation issues, commission calculations, or base rate changes.
- Ensure payroll checks/ACH are correct and processed timely with Workforce
- Evaluate and document payroll procedures.
- Maintain and assist with collecting and summarizing timekeeping information.
- Work with external auditors to verify payroll data, procedures and compliance with payroll laws.
- Create and maintain management reports relating to payroll, hours, and benefits.
- Provide information for insurance renewals – workers comp and general liability.
- Reconciles benefits between payroll and vendor invoices to include: medical/dental plan, Workers’ Compensation Insurance, and other payroll benefit deductions.
- Maintains employee payroll files, payroll general ledger, and end of month payroll accruals.
- Ensure compliance with all Wage and Hours laws, ERISA, and company policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Human Resources to identify issues, communicate with employees, and assist with reporting issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills & Requirements:
- Experience in working with Workforce desired.
- Three to five year’s progressive experience in a payroll/accounting position working under minimal supervision to process a multi-state payroll for 800 or more employees.
- Some general ledger accounting experience desired.
- Ability to work in a high pace environment
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Resourceful, highly organized and able to prioritize
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Ability to work within a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer