Senior Electrical Engineer
Our client is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer for their Oak Ridge, TN location. The selected engineer will fulfill the role of Deputy Authority Having Jurisdiction, possessing a strong background in applying codes and standards in DOE facilities.
- Experience with low voltage (< 600V).
- Equipment design, installation, and maintenance.
- Ability to qualify to the following standards is required:
- Electrical Systems Functional Area Qualification Standard
- Assists company’s Electrical Authority Having Jurisdiction with the Electrical Safety and Unlisted Equipment Approval programs.
- Assumes the role of Electrical Equipment Inspector for unlisted equipment, as assigned.
- Prepares Facility Modifications, Field Change Notices, Engineering Change Responses, drawings, sketches, plans, procedures, and reports as required
- Ensures that the complexity is appropriate for the application and maintains knowledge and configuration management of as-built SSCs.
- Knowledge of the following codes:
- National Electrical Code (NFPA 70)
- Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace (NFPA 70E)
- National Electrical Safety Code (ANSI C2)
- 29 CFR 1910, Subpart S
- 29 CFR 1926, Subparts K and V
- DOE Order 6430. 1A, General Design Criteria
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Hold active Q clearance or possess ability to maintain.
- U.S. citizenship required due to nature of projects.
- 8+ years of professional, job-related experience.
- 3+ years of DOE/nuclear experience.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer