Die Setter needed for a manufacturing company located in Greeneville, TN. This is a weekend shift position (Friday, Saturday & Sunday – 6:00 AM – 6:30 PM) position with some occasional overtime required. This is a Direct Hire opportunity and the company offers an excellent benefits package. Starting pay range will depend on experience and training ($20.00 to $25.00 per hour).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Change, install, set-up, and adjust Stamping Presses in a heavy industrial environment.
- Assists in die change-over.
- Rakes scrap hoppers.
- Rotates coil inventory to ensure first in/first out.
- Initiates trouble shooting of die problems.
- Manufacturing order changes – takes the new MO to the press and turns in all paperwork associated with the old MO. Performs quality checks as required.
- Completes "return to stock" tags for material that needs to go back into inventory.
- Cleans and refills the coolant boxes as required.
- Sets up or hangs all coils for machines, and helps run the steel into the die.
- After coil is hung and run into the die, run machines to ensure good production.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunctions and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or maintenance workers to diagnose problem and/or repair machine.
- Lubricates all machinery on designated days as required.
- Conducts minor repairs and maintenance.
- Performs preventative maintenance duties.
- Washes dies as they come out of the press after a production run.
- Must know how to operate punch presses in different modes (Inch, single & continuous)
- Must know how to set dies in presses.
- Must be familiar with progressive and deep draw dies.
- Must know how to set coils and start feed.
- Must be familiar with die protection including sensor and tonnage monitors
- Must be able to troubleshoot setup issues.
- Must know basic inspection techniques and use of calipers, micrometers and height gages
- Must be familiar with lock out tag out
Education and Experience
- High school education or equivalent with 2-3 years die setting experience.
- Excellent, demonstrated mechanical skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Good math skills, ability to calculate and comprehend necessary math concepts.
- Ability to complete require paperwork through basic reading and writing skills.
- Ability to obtain an industrial powered lift truck license.
- General knowledge of various metal stamping equipment.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer