VP of Operations and Development
About TM CMF
TM CMF is a high-tech, medical device company dedicated to creating, innovating, and developing software and hardware technology solutions for plastic, orthopedic, and neurosurgeons to help improve surgical planning and patient outcomes. Determined to shape the future of healthcare, TM CMF’s intuitive, surgeon-driven digital application unites patient-focused healthcare and artificial intelligence to deliver customized 3D printed implants and trauma plates to global surgeons and patients. Join the team and break new ground with us.
Our Headquarters. Knoxville, Tennessee is a rapidly growing city featuring a sophisticated culture and unique mountain charm. Home to several parks and greenways within the city limits and only a short drive from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, there’s no shortage of trails to explore. In the heart of the city, you can enjoy live music in Market Square or indulge in a collection of microbreweries and local eateries throughout the Old City — a revitalized historic neighborhood featuring trendy local businesses and makers. With no state income tax and a low cost of living in a cultured city, there's something for everyone to love in Knoxville. Out of 125 US cities, Knoxville was ranked #46 “Best Places to Live in the USA” by U.S. News & World Report.
Summary of Position
Seeking a VP of Operations and Development to join a highly qualified team in creating state of the art medical solutions for highly complex reconstructive surgeries.
The VP of Operations and Development will have full accountability for the development and operations of TM CMF, which includes development of software and hardware for patient specific CMF solution, patient specific guides, plates and implants. VP will also be responsible for the creation and management of supply chain for manufacturing and packaging of such products across multiple continents. VP will be establishing and operating a concierge team to service all global customers. This position will directly report to company CEO. This position will lead the engineering development team, manufacturing team, system engineering, project managers and operations team.
The position of VP of Operations and Development will help shape the overall strategic vision of the company and support the company’s achievement of its customer acquisitions and revenue goals. This position will be accountable for planning, directing, and controlling the overall development and operational budget.
- Oversees the daily operations of the organization.
- Assists the CEO in developing and implementing the strategic long and short range plans and overall company business plans.
- Serves as part of the senior staff responsible for company and product strategy.
- Manages, analyzes and reports all operational and development information to board as requested.
- Maintains compliance with governmental regulations and industry requirements.
- Manages processes for all development activities to realize product roadmap.
- Develops budget and allocates funding to support product roadmap.
- Ensure proper Management and Engineering Execution
- Creates a framework to accurately size and estimate deliverables to arrive at internal & external delivery commitments.
- Organizes teams and resources to deliver the product roadmap
- Enables "rapid response " surge capacity to address time-sensitive needs without compromising the roadmap.
- Ensures the realization of the product roadmap through excellence in execution
- Responsible for overseeing all manufacturing.
- Responsible for overseeing concierge service and ensuring optimized supply chain processes to deliver products to customer with the proper lead time.
- Identifies key skills and capabilities needed to assess team strengths and weaknesses
- Partner with HR and Administration Director to recruit and retain top-tier talent
- Communicates effectively at all levels and within all divisions to ensure alignment of work.
- Provides purpose, context, and direction to members of the Engineering team Project Managers
- Aligns compensation and incentives with proven performance
- Responsible for headcount, consulting, prototyping, patents, IP, software, equipment, travel and entertainment, and professional development costs
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related scientific area.
- MSc or PhD is desirable.
- 10+ years of experience in Leadership in medical device development, 5+ years in Executive Leadership role in the medical device industry.
- Ability to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Experience leading cross functional teams in medical device development.
- Knowledge of government regulations in the medical industry (FDA, CE).
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturing preferably 3D printing.
- Preferable knowledge of medical software development.
- Demonstrated abilities in leading product development, establishing and managing budget.
- Ability to interpret organizational goals to create and communicate departmental objectives and provide clear direction to team.
- Demonstrated abilities to build and engage cross functional teams to drive towards organizational goals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement metrics that drive efficiency, measure performance and reduce costs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic objectives as well as execute strategic initiatives.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer