Senior Computer Vision Development Engineer
TM CMF is a high-tech, medical device company dedicated to creating, innovating, and developing software and hardware technology solutions for plastic, orthopedic, and neurosurgeons to help improve surgical planning and patient outcomes. Determined to shape the future of healthcare, TM CMF’s intuitive, surgeon-driven digital application unites patient-focused healthcare and artificial intelligence to deliver customized 3D printed implants to global surgeons and patients. Join the team and break new ground with us.
Our Headquarters. Knoxville, Tennessee is a rapidly growing city featuring a sophisticated culture and unique mountain charm. Home to several parks and greenways within the city limits and only a short drive from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, there’s no shortage of trails to explore. In the heart of the city, you can enjoy live music in Market Square or indulge in a collection of microbreweries and local eateries throughout the Old City — a revitalized historic neighborhood featuring trendy local businesses and makers. With no state income tax and a low cost of living in a cultured city, there's something for everyone to love in Knoxville. Out of 125 US cities, Knoxville was ranked #46 “Best Places to Live in the USA” by U.S. News & World Report.
Summary of Position:
A Senior Computer Vision Development Engineer will specialize in computer vision and image processing and will lead the development of algorithms for image-processing/computer vision/machine learning techniques. They will be working on algorithms for automated 3D segmentation of complex anatomical structures, image fusion, registration of surface and volumetric data.
- Design, develop, implement, and test algorithms for 3D segmentation, image fusion, registration of 3D data (surface and volumetric) from multiple imaging modalities.
- Develop new algorithms as well as improvements to previously developed algorithms.
- Build reusable and reliable C++ code as well as refactor and improve legacy code.
- Organize complex software development projects into manageable tasks and provide level of effort development estimates.
- Communicate with teams of highly qualified multinational engineers.
- Interfacing with other software teams to understand, integrate, and deploy algorithm components.
- Communicate with both external and internal customers, including cross-group functional team members and management to execute company goals and objectives.
- Implement other team member’s ideas as well as working independently.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- MS or PhD in Computer / Electrical / Biomedical Engineering or a similar discipline and a minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience in image processing, computer vision, and machine learning.
- Experience with image processing, segmentation, feature detection, feature analysis, and machine learning.
- Experience with statistical shape models, and principal components.
- Experience with 2D/3D registration.
- Experience developing commercial code in C++ programming language.
- Experience working with medical images including CT data.
- Experience working with OpenCV, and VTK.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Flexibility in adapting to the requirements of the algorithm development process.
- Ability to create and present technical results and reports.
- Self-driven, able to identify problems, discuss and collaborate on possible solutions, and focus on completing all necessary tasks.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills at all levels.
- Doctorate in related discipline, such as computer vision, image processing, or biomedical engineering.
- Experience in GPU programming.
- Experience working in medical software development environment.
- Knowledge of anatomy.
- Knowledge of MATLAB, or PYTHON.
- Knowledge of deep learning and existing frameworks such as TensorFlow.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Experience working with meshes, volumetric data, and 3D visualization.
Job Type: Full-time
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer