Senior Additive Manufacturing Engineer
Summary of Position:
tmCMF, a new venture chartered to innovate within the Craniomaxillofacial industry, is searching for a Senior Additive Manufacturing Engineer to join their team. This person will lead the 510(k) development of 3D printed devices for both CMF plastic guides and titanium printed implants. Beyond development, this role will be involved in the operations post-510(k) of patient specific guides and implants in a production environment. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting design engineering from prototyping stages through transfer to manufacturing.
- Successfully leading the manufacture and testing of prototype and production components.
- Transitioning assembly documentation and work instructions from engineering to manufacturing for initial prototype development.
- Provide feedback to internal design team to improve manufacturability of products.
- Supporting cross-functional root cause and corrective action activities.
- Supporting Supply Chain and Supplier Quality with vendor audits and issue resolution.
- Identifying and implementing cost down opportunities through collaborative DFM with internal design teams and external suppliers.
- Supporting development and execution on strategy for full scale production.
- Further developing documentation of manufacturing methods, procedures, and test results for full scale production.
- Developing metrics and reporting on progress for initial production.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 4 years of applicable Manufacturing Engineering experience in related field.
- Additive manufacturing experience with plastic and metal.
- Understanding of machining and surface finishing methods.
- Hands on capability and willingness to assemble mechanical assemblies and subassemblies.
- Ability to interpret and modify Engineering design documentation (schematics, drawings, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems to manage design release and document control.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways.
- Demonstrated ability to process and analyze data to drive improvements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- BS/MS Electrical, Materials Science, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong attention to detail.
Preferred additional skills
- 3D CAD Experience (Solidworks preferred).
- Internal manufacturing.
- Contract Manufacturing.
- PLM systems.
Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer