Quality Engineer needed for a medium sized manufacturing company located in Clinton, TN. Starting salary range will depend on experience ($70,000 – $80,000). Some travel up to 25% will be required.
Job Description: Establish and maintain strong customer relations and ensure customer satisfaction. Have a thorough understanding of customer expectations and coordinate the internal effort to meet those expectations.
- Responsible for customer interfacing on quality issues for assigned responsibilities.
- Responsible for supplier interfacing on quality issues for assigned responsibilities.
- Maintain control plans, PFMEA’s, inspection and gage instructions and other assigned quality plan documentation.
- Lead problem solving activities for internal/external concerns relating to assigned responsibilities.
- Coordinates activities of Quality Technicians as needed.
- Maintain Advanced Quality Planning (APQP) documentation for assigned programs.
- Establish data collection systems for process, product and customer feedback.
- Supplier quality coordination of parts supplied to assigned product units.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to product, process and quality systems.
- Train / mentor Quality Technicians as needed.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process, or quality systems.
- Control further processing and delivery of nonconforming product until the deficiency is corrected.
- Organize retrieval of supplier PPAP information.
- Organize follow up activities to customer PPAP submissions.
- Report weekly to management regarding timelines.
- During slow periods, perform internal and/or external audits on the basis of ISO 9001:2000/TS16949 requirements.
Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer Certification is highly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of Quality Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in supplier and customer related quality-engineering.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in APQP on new products in automotive industry.
- Basic AIAG or related quality system knowledge.
- Knowledge of ISO9001:2000 / TS16949
- Knowledge of ISO9001:2000 and TS16949 auditing process.
- Internal Process Auditor experience preferred but not required.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer