Job Title: Purchasing Specialist
Summary: This position is responsible for identifying local suppliers and coordinating all activities related to the procurement of material starting with the purchase following through to delivery as well as escalation of issues.
Essential Duties of the Job: The essential functions of this job require the person, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the following:
- Need to have a track record of identifying suppliers and establishing a supplier panel in one or more of the following commodity groups:
- Sheet Metal Manufacturing
- Packaging (corrugated)
- Aluminum Die Cast
- Steel/ Aluminum deep drawing and machining
- Electronics (PCB’s)
- Cables, Harnesses, Connectors
- Utilizing sourcing process, identify market and supplier opportunities to shorten component supply chains.
- Need experience in managing multi supplier RFQ’s and identifying the best candidate based on Quality, Lead Time and TCO.
- Develop and execute strategies for continuous improvement of total cost of ownership. This includes cost and inventory reduction, delivery performance, and quality improvement.
- Support and participate with geographic associates to build network participation and expertise.
- Work with the planning department to design, implement and maintain JIT programs including consignment, VMI, Kanban
- Help analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity to supply, and exploit emerging opportunities that benefit the corporation.
- Review and approve a comprehensive list of suppliers for bid processes developed by analyzing the industry to understand trends and competitive positioning in order to ensure system activation of the best possible supply base.
- Prepare Purchase Orders
- Update cost and quote files for assigned purchased goods.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel to determine source of issue and initiate corrective action in collaboration with the quality department.
- Help renegotiate, renew and discontinue supplier contracts. Identify ways to reduce costs.
- Help foster relationships with suppliers and new possible suppliers
- Travel as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Recommended Education and/or Experience
- Associates Degree or higher in a Technical field such as Engineering, Manufacturing or Electronics
- Minimum 2+ years related experience.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of total cost of ownership
- Ability to read CAD drawings
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles preferred
- Entrepreneurial thinking
All Employees are expected to:
- Follow the Employee Handbook policies and procedures and uphold organizational values.
- Contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Report for work consistently and on time.
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are unsafe to ebm-papst and its employees.
- Adhere to the Company’s Travel Policy.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer