Product Engineer needed for a medium size manufacturing company located in Clinton, TN. This is a Direct Hire opportunity with a competitive benefits package. Starting salary will depend on experience, education, and training ($75,000+ DOE).
Job Description: Perform technical duties specific to the launch of new programs and work on for the successful execution of a new product from early development to production handover.
- Responsible for creation, development and optimization of machine setups for all development/launch class programs.
- Lead the execution of all development orders at Lamination and Inspection from an engineering standpoint and drive follow-up actions to resolve technical issues.
- Create Lamination and Inspection PWIs for new launching products and ensure linking to relevant products.
- Execute product capability studies(SSL) & customer eye reviews/visual product audits(CER) on new launching programs.
- Establish and ensure necessary document control for machine setups and launch documentation.
- Monitor product performance using statistical software (JMP) to keep lamination-related characteristics on target and in control, for launching programs.
- Ensure that the BOM and equipment capabilities are suitable for production by the end of development process and engage with cross-functional teams, if modifications/additions are needed.
- Monitor programs in relation to product performance in comparison to target work loss. Work with cross-functional teams to achieve work loss targets.
- Support with test sample collection, establish and perform (if needed) special testing with Lab for development materials.
- Review laminated-related quality attributes for new products in relation to customer expectations. Troubleshoot cases of non-conformance, identify root causes and work on corrective actions.
- Support operational/process improvement activities as needed.
- Complete tasks related to new product launches/ECOs generated by program management system.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering- Industrial Eng, Chemical Eng, Materials Eng or Textiles preferred
- 1-4 years in manufacturing.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. • Knowledge of statistics required. Experience with statistical analysis software (JMP or Minitab) a plus.
- Able to think clearly in a high-pressure situation, able to work with people at all levels of an organization, “roll up the sleeves” attitude.
- Good communication skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize well.
- Must be willing to work overtime and off-shift hours when necessary.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer