PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER – DESIGN
Product Development Engineer with Design experience is needed for a manufacturing company located in Greeneville, TN. This is a direct hire opportunity with a growing and well established company. Salary range is $70,000 to $75,000 (depending on experience and training).
Job Description: Provide technical, engineering and project coordination services. Must have experience with design of new products and processes. This support may include, but is not limited to, new product or process development, or transfer of manufacturing operations from other locations or customers. on a regular basis. Documenting and verifying product specifications, coordination of factory prototypes, evaluation and testing of samples. Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency. Confers with management, engineering, or other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and maintain an active project list with emphasis on continuous improvement
- Plan and lead New Product Development projects to achieve expected benefits on time.
- Use the APQP Product Launch System and alert management to possible delays via team feasibility gate reviews and/or immediate notification of task or project delays.
- Estimates production processes and times, staffing requirements, materials and related costs to provide information for management decisions (quotes)
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Maintain project financial status report/summary with regular monthly updates.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arranges for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Monitor prototype sample builds and conduct/monitor testing and evaluation.
- Provide 2D and 3D drawings, assemblies, detailed drawings and quality specifications as required.
- Interpret engineering drawings and CAD data to construct and/or inspect product or samples to confirm compliance to the specification.
- Create engineering documentation for product specifications.
- Participate and provide input to supplier selection and long-term supplier relationship management.
- Assist and/or conduct performance testing and evaluation of samples, including but not limited to, mechanical testing, package testing, cosmetic evaluation and other product testing.
- Conduct product evaluation of competitor samples.
- Perform root cause problem solving to implement corrective actions for process related problems
- Utilizes the concepts of continuous improvement and cost reduction in the execution of the job function.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in training as required.
- Follow all safety standards and wear all safety equipment as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related technical field required.
- Minimum of three year experience in engineering or other technical field in the production environment.
- Automotive, OEM or contract manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience preferred in related manufacturing processes (stamping/stamping-design/welding/assembly/CNC machining/CNC programming/fixture design/powder painting)
- Experience with Pro-Engineer Wildfire and/or Solidworks.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer