PLUMBING & PIPING SUPERINTENDENT
Plumbing & Piping Superintendent needed in Knoxville, TN. This is a Direct Hire opportunity with a competitive benefits package. Starting salary range will depend on experience.
The primary function of the Superintendent is to organize and provide the scheduling and coordination of job operational services for the company. Management of assigned construction projects within time and cost budgets. Establishing and ensuring common understanding of the project scope of work schedule and budget among the various trade foremen and subcontractors. Coordinating and facilitating job startup, labor schedule, crew formation, material layout, equipment/tool mobilization, and safety procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines crew and Foreman for job with coordination of VP of Operations & Project Manager. Schedules manpower according to job demands, communicates and coordinates defined crew to meet/exceed the demands while staying within (or improving) budgetary parameters.
- Develops, communicates, and verifies Standards of Quality for assigned jobs or projects as it relates to the specific labor trades he/she is involved with.
- Responsible for the overall success of assigned projects with respect to project completion within safety, time, quality and cost targets. Coordinates with Foremen assigned to his/her projects.
- Develops plan in conjunction with the Foreman with respect to the execution of each project. This plan is to include required resources such as Labor, Tools and Material. This also includes the safety procedures and associated budget to ensure the safety plan is executed.
- Responsible for updating operational templates such as Equipment Lob, Estimate & Job Log, Routing Sheet, and others as determined by VP of Operations or President.
- Ensures Foremen or field staff have completed in a timely and accurate manner all required job site documentation including but not limited to daily job logs, material requisitions, safety forms, weekly payroll documents, weekly job site schedules / plans / weekly goals & resources, disciplinary action forms, change order documents, vendor and delivery documentation.
- Assures quality control and support of jobsite foreman and crews.
- Coordinates with the Project Manager to ensure key materials are on site in a timely manner. ensures materials are properly received and submits receipt documentation to the office.
- Responsible for ensuring subcontractors are scheduled as necessary to meet construction schedule. Coordinates the work of subcontractors such that subcontractors are on site at the appropriate time to perform their portion of the project.
- Works with the Project Manager and Foreman to develop the construction schedule for assigned projects.
- Provides ongoing training for all foreman on the jobs.
- Assists Foreman with reviewing plans and specifications, identifying any critical conditions or value engineering opportunities.
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule and updates on a weekly basis while keeping the Project Manager, VP of Operations and others informed of progress relative to the schedule.
- Reviews drawings for discrepancies that may require a change order. Initiates change orders where appropriate. Executes change orders that originate with the Project Manager.
- Provides equipment information, as to location, availability for other jobs and maintenance issues. Purchases required tools and/or materials for construction sites that are not purchased by the Project Manager.
- Ensures that our field and fabrication staff is in line with cost estimates, budgets and schedule. Reports accordingly to Project Manager any deficiencies that may arise in a timely manner.
- Reviews all punch lists and ensures the timely completion of them with the Foreman assigned to the project.
- Reviews project progress weekly using job cost reports, budget vs actual, vendor costs, labor hours, or other related information that enables him/her to help Project Manager / Foreman manage project in a satisfactory level.
- Completes and maintains assigned paperwork and documents. Keeps the Project Managers well informed of project activities and significant issues.
- Assists with reviewing percentage of completion with the client’s representative and ensures that progress-billing information is submitted to accounting in a timely manner.
- Participates in training, safety, or other operational improvement discussions for the purpose of generating continual improvement for the company and its staff.
- Participates in and communicates such information to company's managerial staff as needed for processing of financial data required for WIP, Job Costing, Labor Reports, or any other finance related reports.
- Ensures safety policies and practices are followed at the job site.
- Responsible for generation of site accident reports, follow-up with injured workers and compliance with the Interstate Mechanical “modified-light duties program.”
- Initiates and attends post job meeting reviews (Job Close Out meeting) with Project Manager / Foreman to review performance on completed projects in order to provide organizational learning.
- Responsible for ensuring that required equipment is mobilized to the job site to meet the construction schedule. Keeps the Project Manager and VP of Operations informed as to what equipment is required or surplus to needs.
- Responsible for scheduling inspectors as required to approve the various phases of construction. – Provides on-site supervision for the duration of the construction project and directs the work of subcontractors as well as labor hired directly by the company.
- Ensures Foreman submits weekly time cards with appropriate cost codes to the Project Manager.
- Performs such other tasks and/or assists in special projects as may be requested by the VP of Operations or President.
Education and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Ten (10) years of related experience and/or training in management or supervision of Plumbing and Piping.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer