Overseas Contracts Manager
The Overseas Contracts Manager will oversee development, formation, administration and closeout of prime contracts and subcontracts performed in locations Outside of the Continental United States (OCONUS).
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below; however, this description is not a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required.
- Actively manage contracts cradle to grave.
- Prepare comprehensive summaries of solicitations, contracts, and modifications.
- Manage all contracts with clear vision of the desired end results.
- Prepare, negotiate and administer various contract agreements.
- Provide interpretation of contractual language and provisions.
- Effectively communicate with customers, subcontractors, vendors, governmental authorities and company personnel on all contractual matters.
- Protect company’s rights to future claims during negotiations and discussions.
- Maintain and organize contract documents.
- Monitor contract progress, performance, and costs, and provide monthly reports on status of programs.
- Prepare contract close?outs for approval and contract fulfillment obligations.
- Maintain professional relationships with customer representatives.
- Provide program development support, including customer relationship management and analyzing work statements,
- Provide input and support on technical/cost proposals.
- Accurately document verbal discussions of contractual nature.
- Ensure complete contract files are maintained for each program or contract.
- Oversee maintenance of tracking systems for projects across multiple platforms.
- Oversee monitoring and tracking of all vital contract documents and commitments.
- Continually improve ability to effectively manage contracts.
- Manage contracts across numerous time zones throughout the world.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Preference for degrees in any of the following disciplines: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, and organization management.
- Four years of experience and demonstrated relevant job performance in a contracting position in Government contracting may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Prefer candidates with professional contracts certifications.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to craft effective contractual documents and agreements
- Effectively communicate sensitive recommendations to higher management; and build consensus on recommended approaches to managing issues.
- Experience in contract negotiations and dispute resolution.
- Small business government contracting experience.
- An NCMA certification or equivalent.
- Contract management experience with U.S. Government Departments and Agencies, including the Department of State and Department of Defense.
- Knowledge and understanding of the rules governing appropriated and non-appropriated fund acquisition, including laws, regulations, policies, including FAR, DFARS, DOS regulations, and precedent setting legal decisions.
- Knowledge of contract administration policies and practices.
- Knowledge in general and/or construction contracting with appropriated funds (APF) and/or NAF procurement environments.
- Ability to work independently and utilize analytical skills to identify problems and develop timely solutions.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations governing APF and/or NAF acquisition.
- Experience contracting OCONUS, including but not limited to Africa, Middle East, Guam, Philippines, Central America and South America.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Must be able to acquire base access (if applicable)
- Manage Contracts Administrators and Subcontracts Administrators
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer