Sr. Mechanical Engineer – HVAC Design
Our client is seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to provide HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection design for industrial, institutional and government facilities.
The successful candidate will provide HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection design for High Performance Facilities for a variety of projects. Tasks will include engineering calculations, equipment selection and layout, ductwork and piping sizing and layout, LEED documentation and calculations, interdisciplinary coordination and participating of QA/QC process. Part time efforts will be devoted to site inspection and construction administration. This position is primarily a leadership role and will be part of a design team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) / Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited Program.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years related HVAC design experience.
- Required Certifications: P.E. (Professional Engineer) license or the ability to obtain within twelve (12) months.
- Specific experience with Unified Facilities Criteria used for Department of Defense Facilities is preferred.
- Must understand the importance of Business Development, project management for A-E firms, managing to fee and demonstrate skills in a multi-discipline teams.
- Position requires the ability to manage other engineers and designers.
- Experience interfacing with client contacts.
- LEED Accredited Professional certification is desired.
- Strong experience with thermal load calculation and energy modeling for mechanical systems.
- Strong experience in calculating and sizing of mechanical equipment including AHUs, fans and pumps.
- Strong experience in sizing and laying out ductwork and hydronic piping systems.
- Local candidates strongly preferred.
- Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship.
- Must be willing to work in a design team environment, including directing the work of junior engineers and designers, and delegating work as required as well as take design direction from senior-level engineers.
- Interdisciplinary coordination
- Develop flow diagrams and control diagrams
- Size and layout ductwork, hydronic and plumbing piping systems
- Lead QA/QC processes
- Proficient with codes, standards and guidelines
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, printers/plotters, scanners, and copiers.
- The job will include periodic visits to job sites.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer