Join our Client's Project team in developing new technologies for retrieving radioactive waste, in particular remote-operated robotic and electromechanical systems. This role will be focused on testing and improving existing prototypes, as well as designing new systems from the ground up. While this is primarily a mechanical design and analysis role, cross-disciplinary abilities are beneficial, especially in programming, electronics, or controls. Communication and project management skills are also highly valued. Applicants should be comfortable working independently with minimal guidance but must also be able to work closely with other team members. They should enjoy finding creative solutions to difficult problems and have the initiative to identify and resolve design deficiencies. Most importantly, they should take pride int heir work, while remaining open to feedback and suggestions from others.
Proficiency with some or al of the following is preferred:
- 3D modeling software (Autodesk Inventor preferred)
- Static and dynamic analysis of mechanical structures, including finite element analysis (Abaqus preferred)
- Fluid dynamics and heat transfer including computational fluid dynamics (STAR-CCM+ preferred)
- Design of complex mechanical assemblies especially with tight space or weight constraints
- Knowledge and experience with a broad range of manufacturing techniques
- Design, manufacturing and testing prototypes
- Programming and electronics
- Design for hazardous environments especially radiation hazards
Minimum Qualification Requirements (Education/Experience):
Bachelor of Science or Masters (preferred) degree in associated engineering field (mechanical, nuclear, mechatronics, or similar).
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer