Mechanical Engineer needed for a small manufacturing company in Knoxville, TN. Salary range will depend on experience ($75,000 to $90,000 / yr.). First shift.
Job Description: Machine/Automation Design; responsible for analyzing requirements and creating the final design of a broad scope of mechanical systems. Acquires a detailed understanding of all the different mechanical systems within an automated machine or automated line. Responsibilities include complete design, details, BOM, assembly and run-off support, and other duties as required.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Develop new automation concepts/specifications or make improvements to existing products with input from several sources (i.e., manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, and sales/marketing, etc.).
- Evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability.
- Review initial run of the automation for design compliance and makes appropriate changes to ensure product compliance.
- Follow the product and makes requested automation changes and corrections throughout the life of the product.
- Provide technical support by providing information and answers to other engineers, departments, and customers.
- Design, assess, document, troubleshoot, configure, test, and commission all parts of a typical automation systems
- Collaborate with other mechanical and electrical engineers and suppliers to transition conceptual design to production.
- Identify potential opportunities and build lasting customer relationships
- Develop equipment specifications/design requirements, design documents (drawings and specifications, and equipment/component lists
- Work with customers to ensure appropriate design as well as contractors during fabrication
- Maintain accurate records and files with exceptional organization
- Define equipment and parts from external manufacturers
- Work with technicians to ensure proper testing of machines
- Create operating manuals for machines
- Understand and interpret schematics
- Meet deadlines for each project and/or task and work toward completion of tasks without constant supervision
- Participate in and lead project team meetings
- Display excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate with customers and all departments involved (electrical engineering, weld engineering, fabrication, etc.).
- Other duties as required by supervision.
- Applicants must be a Citizens of United States.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar related degree) is preferred but relevant work experience will be considered as a substitute.
- Proficient in SolidWorks, MS Office Suite and 2D AutoCAD software.
- Experience and knowledge of mechanical/automation design and its application in automated industrial designs including specification of motors, gears, mechanical systems, pneumatics, robotics, and vacuum systems is a plus.
- A firm comprehension of current manufacturing methods in fabrication, welding, and machining is required.
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem-solving skills, able to work independently or in team environment.
- Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
- Proactive, resourceful, and highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Travel required as needed. (10 to 15% or more)
- Occasionally push or lift up to 50 lbs., and have the ability to reach, bend, stoop or twist repetitively and also sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use basic hand tools and wear the appropriate PPE.
- Proven track record of safe work and safety leadership.
- Must have a valid Driver's license
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer