Mesa Associates, Inc. is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to work with other members of the mechanical engineering team to deliver projects of varying complexity and size to our power generation clients.
Working in a team environment alongside other engineers, designers, and drafters as well as other discipline teams. Daily tasks will include the design and engineering of additions and modifications to power generation facilities related to mechanical systems and functions including but not limited to:
- Engineering Calculations – Developing design criteria and performing calculations on various systems and software packages
- Stress Analysis – In depth analysis of piping systems, custom piping components, or fabrication assemblies utilizing AutoPIPE, Caesar II, Paulin PRG, Nastran, Inventor, and/or solidworks
- Hydraulic Analysis – Pump and Piping system analysis utilizing manual methods, PipeFLO, or Fathom. Including single phase, two phase and gravity flow conditions
- Aid in the development and presentation of detailed design models utilizing AutoCAD, Plant 3D, Inventor, Solidworks, Revit and/or Navisworks
- Tank and Vessel Design – ASME BPVC and API Standards
- HVAC design and equipment selection
- Major and Minor equipment specification and datasheet development
Successful candidates will be:
- Well organized and self-motivated to complete tasks within agreed schedules.
- Creative thinkers with the ability to judge between alternate solutions to provide the optimal solution.
- Available to work overtime as necessary to meet project schedules and commitments.
- Available to travel out of town for project meetings and site visits.
- Safety consciousness and will strictly adhere to company and client safety standards.
- Able to legally work in the U.S.
- BSME from an ABET accredited college/university
- Minimum of four (4+) years of experience in piping and plant design
- Professional Engineer (PE) License Required
- Working knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards including but not limited to ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3, NFPA, ANSI and API.
- Work under the direction of Senior Engineers and Engineering Managers.
- Direct overall project design and supervise development of project design documents associated with assigned project.
- Apply basic knowledge of system design principles and practices to develop a complete and accurate design package.
- Development of project proposals in response to client RFP’s – Project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Possess in depth working knowledge of power generation mechanical systems and innerworkings – Boilers, Tanks/Vessels, compressors/blowers, HRSG, Turbines, Major and Minor Piping Systems, pumps, etc.
- Perform walkdowns and collects detailed field information related to site configuration, existing equipment data, and scoping efforts.
- Work closely with other engineers, members of design team, and other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- On a task basis, is responsible for preparation and completion of discipline engineering designs and supporting documentation such as design criteria, calculations, drawings, and specifications.
- Perform technical and coordination checking/review of deliverables and other project documents.
- Prepare calculations using engineering formulas and skills or application of specific software as required.
- Manage personal task assignments, and adheres to project scope, schedule, and budget on all assigned tasks.
- Assist in resolution of construction issues, supporting design staff to resolve problems and concerns in a timely manner.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer