Human Resources Manager
Serve as the primary staff manager, leader, and business partner focused on the areas of HR, Associate Relations, Safety, and Training. Develop and execute plans and activities to help improve the business and drive overall plant performance & cost improvement. Essential
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Responsible for leading the Human Resources function for a high-volume, world-class automotive facility with sales over $500M and 1,000+ employees.
• Responsible for all aspects of HR and HS&E with emphasis on Strategic Planning, Organizational Development, Training, Employee Relations & Retention, Performance Management & Improvement, Compensation & Benefits, and Recruitment & Hiring.
• Initiate, organize and implement effective human resource programs in a high-involvement environment.
• Develop and maintain plant policies consistent with company values & corporate policies and oversee the application of such policies within the plant.
• Participate directly in positive employee relations activities, including union avoidance training, employee functions, and communication efforts.
• Assume leadership role in maintaining positive employee relations; including policy development, communication, and implementation.
• Provide and coordinate functional support to employees on all shifts.
• Consistently interpret and implement all company policies and procedures.
• Assess, communicate, and initiate corrective actions as required to resolve workplace related morale or other associate relations issues.
• Assume lead role in selection and placement of all employees. This may include direct involvement, coordination and improvement of the hiring process to achieve production and support staffing targets, diversity goals, and so forth
• Oversight and administration of worker’s compensation, including prevention, case management and return to work issues. Supervise Occupational Nurses
• Support and participate in company sponsored employee and community activities via involvement in employee activity team events and the Volunteer Program
• Represent the company in the community and promote the company’s goodwill and interests in community activities
• Responsible for HIPAA compliance and acts as HIPAA privacy officer
• Work daily overtime and Saturdays and/or Sundays when directed by immediate supervisor or, as necessary, to complete essential job duties. • Perform other duties as assigned Supervisory Responsibilities:
• This position provides direct supervisory responsibility for the
HR Department consisting of HR, HS&E, and Training
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Leadership experience – Staff level leadership/managerial experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships and facilitate team building
• Must be able to use basic office software and HRIS systems
• Approachable by all members of the organization
• Demonstrated ability to instill trust and gain respect of others, while being fair and objective
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Thorough knowledge of current HR laws including ADA, FMLA, Workers’ Comp, TOSHA, EEO, etc.
• Working knowledge of applicable quality, health, safety, and environmental management systems
• Ability to read and understand normal business documents
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Psychology, or related field.
• 8+ years leadership experience or equivalent level of education and related human resource experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience working in a multicultural environment; previous experience with a Japanese company preferred. Work Environment/Physical Demands:
• Normal working conditions experienced in a manufacturing work environment
• Normal manual dexterity required in an office environment
• Travel requirement
• Ability to routinely work a flexible schedule that supports all shifts Employee may perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer