Position Summary: The Communications Field Technician I is responsible for the collection of facilities field data as specified for use by others in updating facilities records or preparing design documents. This position encompasses data collection, measurement, mapping, field photography, equipment or unit inventory, staking, and similar field-based reconnaissance at the direction of senior technical or engineering employees. This position will often work with more senior employees in the field acting as a design or staking assistant.
**Local candidates preferred**
The incumbent’s responsibilities are the following: The incumbent will adhere to and be a strong advocate for our client’s Core Values to both our client's employees and their client(s)
- Accurately and neatly gather field data using paper drawings, forms, electronic data collection devices, digital cameras, or other formats and/or devices specified by the project manager and/or client.
- Correctly identify items to be documented in the field with minimal supervisory input.
- Quickly learn and apply technology tools such as hand-held data loggers, laser range finders, angle finders, digital cameras, and GPS receivers.
- Accurately record measurements and dimensions of requested items; be able to recognize levels of detail required to create a complete and accurate accounting of the field situation per the project specifications.
- Completely render as-built conditions to act as bases for new design work.
- Accurately records data and measurements using correct standards and symbols such that the resulting product is clear and easily understood by office based project personnel.
- Correctly identifies equipment and apparatus in the field with low error rate and minimal supervisory assistance.
- Meets production targets to keep on schedule and within budgeted labor hours.
- GED or High School Diploma
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer