ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
Environmental Health and Safety Manager needed for a large manufacturing company in Knoxville, TN. This is a direct hire position. Salary will depend on experience. This position offers and excellent benefits package.
The Environmental Health, and Safety Manager will implement policies to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. Managing the Safety program and ensuring facility follows all OSHA and TOSHA guidelines. Also responsible for managing Utility and Air Quality programs. Knowledge around Acid processes is helpful.
- Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company.
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures.
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings.
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required.
- Managing Electrical and Water permits.
- Managing Air Quality permits.
- Ensuring company follows all OSHA and TOSHA guidelines and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required.
- Five years of related experience preferred.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer