ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Electronic Systems Engineer needed for a manufacturing company located just outside Knoxville, TN. Salary range is $85,000 to $90,000 depending on experience, education and training. This is a direct hire opportunity with a highly reputable and growing company.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the development of electronic marine control systems. This includes the development and integration of all hardware, software, and wiring elements throughout the unit. The Systems Engineering position will involve analyzing, validating, and troubleshooting key electrical systems in each unit model throughout its complete product lifecycle, including during manufacturing. The position will work with multiple teams towards specific hardware requirements, as well as work with Quality and Service departments to develop and grow standards for all electrical systems. Design experience with control systems, power distribution, infotainment, navigation and wiring harnesses is a must. This position is also responsible for USCG and ABYC compliance assessment and reporting for internal and external standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and integrate diverse electromechanical and digital control systems to achieve product requirements.
- Guide vendor development of GUIs with input from product design teams.
- Design wiring harness systems to meet manufacturing and product performance needs.
- Troubleshooting anomalies found during manufacturing.
- Create drawings and diagrams to be used for the manufacture of wiring harnesses.
- Troubleshoot and debug system issues to meet product performance goals.
- Document and create visual representations of systems and their inputs and outputs.
- Identify opportunities for change to implement improvements, reduce costs, and improve quality.
- Prepare and support design reviews.
- Manage all boat systems related documentation, change control, compliance, and traceability.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred, mechanical, or systems considered).
- Minimum of 3 years of Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment with transportation or heavy equipment industry experience preferred.
- Experience creating manufacturing documentation packages such as Load Calculations, Bill of Materials, Wiring Diagrams, Manufacturing Procedures, and experience implementing continuous improvement practices.
- Experience in Marine, Automotive, or Aviation industry preferred.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer