INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN / CONTROL PANEL BUILDER
Industrial Electrician / Control Panel Builder needed for a manufacturing company in Knoxville, TN. This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity. Starting pay range is $22.00 to $24.00 per hour (depending on experience). A very competitive benefits package is included.
Perform quality assembly of power and control panels for company products. Install and wire a variety of instruments, valves and panels in accordance with drawings, manuals, specifications and production schedules.
- Reads and interprets drawings to determine specifications.
- Assembles a variety of items from assembly drawings, wire tables and/or written instruction.
- Builds, repairs, installs and maintains electrical panels and electrical components as required.
- Knowledge of bending conduit and tubing as needed.
- Hook up equipment with different power sources and connections with high and low voltage.
- Must be able to use electrical instrumentation for measurements and diagnostics.
- Visually inspects completed assemblies and sub-assemblies to ensure that specifications and quality standards have been met.
- Performs rigging, lifting, and moving of product, utilizing cranes, forklifts, etc.
- Observes all applicable safety rules.
- Responsible for maintaining work area in a clean and orderly manner to help ensure safe working conditions.
- Maintains established production standards to help ensure production schedules and quality are met.
- Performs other duties as required by management.
- High School Diploma or GED along with additional technical training required
- Up to 18 months additional training preferred.
- Required Experience is a minimum of 3 years electrical assembly experience.
- Knowledge of or experience working with UL508A.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to read electrical schematics and assembly blueprints.
- Ability to work cooperatively on a regular basis with other employees.
- Ability to work with little or no direct supervision in carrying out assigned duties.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow blueprints and schematics in accordance with required specifications.
- Must be able to comprehend electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic properties.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow ISO procedures to ensure compliance with the standard.
- Able to troubleshoot as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours standing and walking on cement surfaces and will be required to regularly bend, stretch, stoop, squat, climb ladders and perform work in confined positions.
- Will require working in areas up to 20+ feet from the ground.
- Must be able to climb stairs and work in temperature ranges corresponding with the outside ambient temperatures.
- Must possess good blueprint reading and math skills
- Position requires the ability to work well with close tolerances up to .001
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer