Performs the design, layout, analysis, testing, and evaluation of electrical and electro-mechanical devices or systems. Specifies system components and directs modification of systems to ensure conformance with engineering design requirements and performance specifications. Oversees installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment to ensure that it is installed and functioning according to specification.
Incumbent will become an electrical system subject matter expert (SME) for facilities in both Oak Ridge, TN and Piketon, OH. Incumbent will be based out of Oak Ridge, TN and periodically travel to Piketon, OH. Travel is anticipated to be ≤10%.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Primary initial area of focus will be the design and deployment of support systems for a High Assay Low Enriched Uranium (HALEU) facility. Additional assignments will be related to gaseous centrifuge enrichment machines and support equipment and other industry projects.
• With minimal supervision, provides electrical engineering support by preparing design packages, construction specifications, statements of work, equipment specifications, schedules and cost estimates necessary for project implementation in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
• Incumbent will have experience, knowledge and skills in Electrical Engineering discipline; is responsible for all phases of assigned standard engineering projects, ensuring the successful conclusion of all phases within an appropriate time and at an appropriate cost
• Plans, develops, and implements electrical control systems and electrical design modifications incorporating various types of electrical components with a variety of power distribution levels.
• Performs technical review, system walkdowns, troubleshooting, and day-to-day technical support for the design of a centrifuge plant.
• Work effectively and transparently with other design disciplines or outside engineering firms to accomplish successful design completion to meet project schedules.
• Strong interest and/or design capabilities covering an array of electrical equipment and systems from low voltage DC systems through high voltage three phase systems
• Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills; analytical and computational skills; computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and Outlook communications
• Knowledgeable of applicable codes and standards (i.e. UL, IEEE, NEC, ANSI, OSHA, NUREGS)
• Must possess a DOE “Q” clearance or be able to obtain one
• BS in Electrical Engineering plus 5 years’ experience or equivalent
• 2+ years’ experience in the nuclear industry
• Arc flash hazard calculation experience
• Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) experience
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer