Our client is seeking an Electrical Engineer with a background in the utility industry to support their Nashville, TN office.
- Responsible for transmission / distribution line engineering, including design for high voltage line projects up to 161kV.
- Prepare and aid in development of the engineering deliverables for electrical T&D projects such as:
- Line routing
- Structure selection and design
- Plan & profile drawings
- Hardware and conductor selection
- Equipment and construction specifications
- Involved in utility relocation plan designs for highway construction projects.
- Substation Design & Studies:
- Arc Flash
- Design support for electrical power supply elements in ITS and Traffic Signal designs.
- Detailed knowledge of the following:
- NESC code requirements
- Power utilization equipment including: switchgear, protective relays, breakers, transformers, motors and generators
- Familiarized with TDOT Plans Production and Procedures.
- Computer-Aided Drafting experience in MicroStation and/or Open Roads experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 5-10 years of experience in High Voltage Overhead and Underground Electrical Utility Distribution (13kV to 46kV), Transmission (69kv to 161kv) Line Design.
- Registered Professional Engineer in Tennessee, or ability to obtain within 12 months.
- Willingness to acquire licenses in other states.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the utility industry.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer