The Director of Engineering, is a creative leader of a multi-disciplinary team working on designing, implementing and delivering our systems and solutions. This role includes engineered systems and technologies development in addition to ensuring the success of the product life cycle from concept to production release. The successful, self-motivated candidate will have experience in managing engineering teams, designing circuits, optimal component selection and sourcing, troubleshooting and comprehensive project engineering and construction support activities as normally required pursuant to the position.
Key Role & Responsibilities:
- Ability to influence direct reports, peers, customers, and vendors
- Efficient and effective deployment of the team's resources
- Always considering new technologies and tools to drive profitable growth
- Purposeful hiring, development, and succession plans for team
- Supporting long term profitable growth for the company
Successful behaviors will include:
- Meeting with employees (one-on-one and as a team on a regular basis).
- Trusting/positive relationships with the team and coworkers. (Knowing spouses, children, and hobbies)
- Thinking and planning 6 months out… Identifying top issues/opportunities.
- Proposing efficient and effective solutions that help to grow the team and the company.
- Active participant in CEO staff meetings. Showing leadership and acting where necessary.
- BS in Engineer, MS Engineering, Engineering Management
- Ten (10) + years’ experience in related engineering and/or information technologies field with management experience
- Industrial automation product development, Rockwell Automation experience is a plus
- Overseeing multiple engineering disciplines – Hardware, Mechanical, Test
- Solid understanding of infrastructure and IT technologies
- Familiarity with commonly used tools and engineering applications
- Travel, as appropriate and necessary, to support projects and product development efforts (very minimal)
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer