CUSTOMER SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Customer Support Technician needed for a manufacturing company in Oak Ridge, TN. This is a 1st shift position but sometimes rotates to other shifts for coverage. Starting pay range is $19.00 per hour.
Job Description: The Customer Support Technician will be responsible for ensuring and maximizing customer satisfaction with products through technical expertise and direct customer communications. The Customer Support Technician will assist with system installations and will also be responsible for ensuring that all systems continue to operate to customer specifications primarily by regular and complete scheduled maintenance with repair service as needed.
- Provide remote and occasional on-site technical support for installation, remote software installation, commissioning and troubleshooting of company systems.
- Duties may include working with engineering for software installation and operation instructions, identifying and analyzing instrument problems, remote diagnostic troubleshooting and providing repair instructions to meet specifications, and escalating any exceptional issues to minimize customer down-time.
- Acquire a complete understanding (end-user level) of the company hardware and software to help the customer quickly resolve their questions or issues.
- Support and provide ownership of technical issues at existing customer sites.
- Maintain statistics of customer questions and issues for both hardware and software to locate issues that need attention; suggest improvements to the appropriate department or group.
- Participates in training programs and continuous improvement efforts and coordinates corrective action processes for current products.
- Monitor’s end-user feedback through regular interaction with end users either by phone or at the clients’ site.
- Serves as On-Call Customer Support Technician when required.
- Interacts with other departments to supply technical information and problem resolutions as needed.
- Properly document all service-related activities in a timely and professional manner including inventory, service orders, expense reports, and all other required records.
- Must have the physical capabilities to lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work at heights using aerial machinery such as man lifts and scissor lifts.
- Uphold the company's core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every Rapiscan/AS&E employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in a technical related field with a strong emphasis in computer networking, database configuration, basic programming, and electrical component diagnostics.
- One (1) or more years’ experience in technical support with an emphasis on computer networking, VPN’s and remote desktop support.
- Demonstrated aptitude with electronic component diagnostics and repair is a plus.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with Windows Computer Management, TCP/IP, and Remote Computing.
- Travel (up to 2%) will be required to visit customer sites and perform service as needed.
- Computer hardware/software using Microsoft operating systems-based tools such as MS Office, SQL, and Customer Relations Management Software, proprietary PanelView software utility, and diagnostic software as well as all Portal and System user software.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer