The Controller is responsible for the supervision and tasks related to accounting and financial services. This position will require strategic and long-range planning, budget building, financial management, analysis and oversight of daily business and financial transactions.
• Budget and Financial Accounting
• Principally responsible for the day-to-day preparations of budget transactions.
• Responsible for overseeing financial statements such as balance sheets, invoices, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Approve budget transactions throughout the year, track central commitments and outstanding unit deficit loans, and ensure accurate and timely allocation of funds.
• Oversee and distribute commitment funding for the annual budget carryover process and monitor central reserves and program adjustments.
• Funding entries for capital projects, fund balance transactions and reserve calculations.
• Coordinate the annual proposed and revised budget process including maintaining standard budget formats and templates and process documentation and coordinating and preparing budget reports for financial reporting.
• Prepare standard, periodic reports providing monthly, quarterly, and annual information for decision making. Prepare ad hoc reports and data for budget review.
• In conjunction with other department personnel, create new reporting formats (Financial and HR) for operational, budgetary, and financial decision making using different reporting tools that are available through QuickBooks.
• Identify and implement process improvements as identified.
• Develop and provide report training for management.
• Serve as the data expert for financial, HR and other reporting data, including identifying appropriate sources and ensuring data integrity. Validate new reports and report changes.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or a related field.
• 10 years of progressive accounting or finance experience in a complex organization including management.
• Strong experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Excel and QuickBooks.
• Proven experience providing advice, guidance, and analysis to senior leadership.
• Experience supervising associates at various levels or engagement including accounting staff and support staff.
• Experience developing and managing complex multi-million-dollar budgets.
• Experience analyzing financial statements and producing forecasts and projections.
• Identifies trends in data, actionable options based on those trends, and implement organizational change based on data and trends.
• Outstanding skills in planning, problem solving, analysis, and organizational management.
• Ability to advocate for a particular ideological, strategic, or policy position.
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams to build and nurture relationships.
• Communicates and interacts effectively with a wide variety of groups of individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to create systems for efficient workflow and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to lead, motivate, mentor, and inspire people to high performance and engagement.
• Strong listening skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer