Accounts Payable Supervisor
Client is seeking someone to provide guidance to the department and support associates with the goal of providing superior customer service to the organization, creating accurate financial products, and ensuring payments to vendors are made timely and accurately. They are also responsible for coordinating all audit activity, and creating and maintaining financial reports to present to management.
- Responsible for general ledger maintenance, monthly financial closing, payroll, accounts analysis and reconciliation.
- Preparation of tax schedules including filing of sales tax returns and property tax returns.
- Timely and accurate financial reporting within CBM, D-café and Tax.
- Creates and maintains financial reports and analysis for management to review before and after close.
- Provides training, direction and mentoring to team members including their development of G&O’s.
- Coordinates audit activities on a quarterly and yearly basis.
- Reviews staff’s work papers and account reconciliation for accuracy and timeliness.
- Leads and participates in projects in order to improve efficiencies and establish best practices.
- Works with other departments to ensure new business properly flows to the financial statements.
- Complex issue resolution for past due Invoices
- Oversees the completion of daily functions related to Accounts Payable and Disbursements.
- Manages supplier stop ship/credit hold investigations (supervisor is first level, but main resource when low manpower)
- Approves weekly check runs (ACH, Wires, Checks, Employee Expense Reports)
- Oversees monthly global plant payment process.
- Assist associates in developing individual G&O’s and provide coaching, support and assessment to talent
- Approves and manages “one off” urgent payment processes to ensure payment obligations are met and controlled with ample governance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree
- 8 or more years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of GAAP/IFRS is required, along with an understanding of current accounting operational structure (financial close, gross profit, J-SOX, etc.)
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer