Accountant (Contract to hire)
This position reports to the head Accountant and requires data entry, flexibility, and teamwork to complete Accounting tasks for the department.
Full time employment | 40hr work week Monday – Friday; 8am – 5pm
Location: Knoxville, TN
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Create daily operating cash flow report
- Prepare bills and invoices
- Track AP aging and update weekly schedules for payment Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Monthly reconciliation with major suppliers
- Verify expense reimbursement requests before submitting for approval
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Gather needed information from QuickBooks
- Bank reconciliations: credit card entry and reconciliations
- Post customer payments to customer invoices via credit card spreadsheet
- Review invoices, request & receive approvals, enter into QuickBooks/SAP.
- Determine priority of payments, print checks, match invoices, received signatures.
- Prepare checks for mailing (i.e. envelopes, invoices record, stamp, address)
- New vendor entries in QuickBooks and request new vendors for SAP
- Prepare ACH payments for upload to SAP
- Prepare credit card payments for upload to SAP
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- May be required to sit for long periods of time at a desk. Other physical demands may include: standing, lifting up to 20 lbs., walking, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Experience with Quickbooks is required
- Experience with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant field preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience in an accounting position required
- CPA not required
- Experience with data entry required
M Force Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, M Force Staffing complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. M Force Staffing is an E-Verify Employer